The Eley - McCrory Funeral Home was founded in the 1800's by the original owner, George M. McCrory. The funeral home was named the George M. McCrory and Son, until 1958 when it was renamed Howard W. McCrory Funeral Home. In 1997, E. James Eley Jr. purchased the funeral home and renamed it Eley - McCrory Funeral Home. The Eley - McCrory Funeral Home prides itself in providing quality service to their families and continuing its strong relationship with the neighborhood.
In 1956, E. James Eley Jr. started working with the McCrory family serving the town of Fayette City where he has born and raised. In 1970, E. James Eley Jr. obtained his license and continued to work with Howard W. McCrory Funeral Home. In 1997, E. James Eley Jr. decided to purchase the funeral home from Howard after working together for almost forty years.
James M. Eley, E. James Eley Jr.'s son, has been a part of the funeral home since 1990, acting now as an owner and partner with his father. James is happily married to his wife Sherri and they reside in Fayette City. James graduated from Waynesburg College in 1990 and Pittsburgh Institute of Mortuary Science in 1992.
We at the Eley-McCrory Funeral Home are dedicated to serving our families at their time of need. We provide dignified funeral services for those of all faiths and strongly believe that the trust that you place in us warrants our best efforts.
The Eley Family